For those of you who don’t just dress like a hipster but actually enjoy working outdoors and are willing to spend a day serving the Lord at Riverside cutting and stacking firewood so camp can stay warm and cozy this winter, please join us for a Saturday of service!
Lumberjack Day begins at 9am and runs until 4pm, lunch is provided at noon.
Don't forget your workgloves and your axes/chain saws. If you have additional equipment that you could bring with you, please contact the camp office at 715.824.3198.
To prepare for the day:
- Dress in your best plaid flannel, boots, and suspenders.
- Bring as many axes as you can carry.
- Grow a manly beard or glue one on.
- Practice saying as many eh’s as possible.
- Knock things over all day yelling TIIIIIIIMBER.
- Come up with as many bad wood puns as possible.
- Learn some real Lumberjack jargon (oh yes, it exists!)
- Read about the history of lumberjacks.
- Join the U.S. Log Rolling Association.
- Build a tree house.
- Live the rest of your existence in that tree house.
- Only come out for Lumberjack Day 2020 at Riverside!